CREATe President and CEO Pamela Passman joins leading experts and litigators in trade secret protection to join The Sedona Conference Working Group 12 on Trade Secrets. The mission of WG12 is:
To develop consensus and non-partisan principles for best practices in managing trade secret litigation and well-vetted recommendations for consideration in protecting trade secrets, recognizing that every organization, both large and small, has and uses trade secrets; that trade secret disputes frequently intersect with other important public policies such as employee mobility and international trade; and that trade secret disputes are litigated in both state and federal courts.
The WG12 Steering Committee consists of a dedicated and experienced group of experts in trade secret issues, collectively representing the views of key stakeholders in the trade secret arena:
- Chair – Jim Pooley, James Pooley PLC
- Vice-Chair – Vicki Cundiff, Paul Hastings
- David Almeling, O’Melveny
- Russell Beck, Beck Reed Riden
- Charles Tait Graves, Wilson Sonsini
- Krish Gupta, Dell
- Randy Kahnke, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Robert Milligan, Seyfarth Shaw
- Pamela Passman, Center for Responsible Enterprise and Trade (CREATe.org)
- Elizabeth Rowe, Levin College of Law – University of Florida
WG12’s first order of business is to identify a set of 3 or 4 commentary drafting team topics on tipping point issues in trade secret law, both litigation and pre-litigation, that lend themselves to the Sedona consensus, non-partisan commentary drafting process.
To join or learn more, visit the Sedona Conference website.