If you are a law or graduate student interested in anti-corruption, cybersecurity or IP protection, and the intersection of regulatory compliance, risk management and business, take note. CREATe is seeking several interns to work part-time during the academic year and full-time during the summer.
The positions will work directly with senior staff members to conduct research, work with our partner organizations to contribute to CREATe’s mission in three areas: corruption prevention, cybersecurity, and intellectual property protection, including trade secret protection.
There will be a stipend for part-time positions during the school year and for full-time positions during the summer. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
What you can expect
CREATe is a small organization addressing major issues. We work with enterprises and leaders around the world to define and promote best practices for anti-corruption, cybersecurity, intellectual property and trade secret protection. As an intern, you will be integral to our work and will have the opportunity to gain experience in:
- Compliance, risk management and governance: CREATe works with leading global companies and advisory council members to identify ways to improve programs within companies and among third party partners. Today’s global marketplace offers tremendous opportunities…and threats. Organizations turn to CREATe to learn the best ways to put systems in place to meet compliance requirements and better manage risk. Interns will gain understanding of real-world approaches to addressing these issues.
- Cybersecurity: CREATe has launched an initiative to broaden adoption of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, a widely adopted voluntary framework offering guidance to protect against cyber threats. We have assembled an Advisory Council of leading information security professionals; and will be promoting learnings from this group. Our interns will help on these efforts and will gain keen insights into the global cybersecurity landscape along with leading practices to mitigate risks.
- ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management Systems Standard: CREATe’s Vice President Leslie Benton was involved in drafting the new ISO 37001 anti-bribery management systems standard. This ISO standard is being adopted by organizations around the world as a way to minimize bribery risks within organizations and among third party partners. Our interns will help to research and promote CREATe’s leadership in anti-corruption; and learn how global companies are addressing this important issue.
- Trade secret protection: In the coming months, CREATe will be researching the links between cybersecurity and trade secret protection. Our interns will be involved in the development and promotion of case studies and other expert insights; and also supporting a cross-sector initiative focused on trade secret protection.
- Digital supply chains: CREATe’s COO Craig Moss is involved in work with the Center for Global Enterprise (CGE) on a ‘digital supply chain initiative’ focused on research to develop practical tools, resources and new performance metrics that will enable companies to leverage the benefits of a digital supply chain. Our interns will be involved in research and promotion of this initiative.
Ideal candidates will be strong writers who can conduct relevant research and develop a range of communications – from research-based whitepapers to management briefs to social media content. Interest in and familiarity with a range of compliance and business issues is beneficial. Proficiency in Chinese, Spanish, Arabic or Brazilian Portuguese is desirable, but not required.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Garber – firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Center for Responsible Enterprise and Trade (CREATe.org)
The Center for Responsible Enterprise And Trade (CREATe.org) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) with a mission to promote leading practices in intellectual property (IP) and trade secret protection, cybersecurity and anti-corruption.
To achieve this mission, CREATe.org publishes its insights and research, speaks at events, and works with leading practitioners and experts through Advisory Councils, to educate organizations about the leading approaches to managing risk and improving governance and compliance internally and with their third parties.
CREATe.org launched its wholly-owned subsidiary, CREATe Compliance, to work directly with enterprises on the use of the CREATe Leading Practices services. In addition, CREATe Compliance provides advisory services, training and other guidance.
CREATe.org is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CREATe.org is committed to a policy of providing employment opportunities to all qualified people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.