Resource Helps Companies Address Trade Secret Theft in Heightened Risk Environment
For companies concerned with the heightened risk of trade secret theft by cyber thieves, insiders and others, CREATe.org announces availability of a free five-step framework providing companies with guidance on how to assess and protect trade secrets from top threat actors today.
The five-step framework offers individual companies to safeguard trade secrets and mitigate potential steps. It features ways for companies to:
- Identify trade secrets;
- Assess threat actors and vulnerabilities;
- Rank by value;
- Analyze potential economic impacts if loss occurs; and
- Take steps to secure a trade secret portfolio.
The framework is part of a broader free report developed by CREATe.org and PricewaterhouseCoopers: Economic Impact of Trade Secret Theft: A framework for companies to safeguard trade secrets and mitigate potential threats. The report also includes:
- An estimate of trade secret theft across industrial economies – 1-3% of U.S. GDP;
- A threat assessment focusing on what threat actors are most active in targeting trade secrets;
- Future scenarios (10-15 years) of the forces and drivers that make trade secrets more or less secure.
Download the framework here.